Thursday, February 7, 2008

First of all, its absolutly pissing down rain here in Melbourne. Wahhh..was supposed to go to Market to buy some fresh vegies and who can be stuffed going anywhere in this weather?? Its supposed to be summer and its more like winter - typical Melbourne. I feel sorry for tourists coming here.
Yeah sure, we need the rain because we are in drought, blah blah. I want to enjoy summer damnit! This is ridiculous.

Ok rant over.

Australia Day was January 26th. On the Monday we went up to the beach house for one day because I bloody had to work nights the whole weekend. Pats dad booked a beautiful restaurant for lunch - Mont Alto. Its in the hills and has a vineyard aswell. Lunch was superb, and we went for a stroll after it, they had an art exhibiton on. There were sculptures scattered all over the place and you had to walk to find them all. Plus the weather was perfect, a sunny 26 degrees.

Us in front of the restaurant.



My entree - Zuchinni flowers risotto, possibly the BEST risotto I have ever had!

Pats entree - Prawn and crab souffle

Pats main - Some sort of grilled beef - he said it was one of the best he has had

My main - Spinach & Ricotta cannelloni with tomato chutney paste

Dessert - Crepe filled with peanut butter custard, chocolate sauce and toffee icecream. Very delicious but too sweet and rich! Too sweet for me is saying something.

My terribly cheeky 3 yr old nephew

Of course, Im his bestest Aunty in the world!

Grape vines went for miles. And the restaurant claimed that most of the vegies used were from their own garden. It is rated as the best Mornington Peninsula restaurant in this years Good Food Guide and I think it deserves the rating. For 3 courses it is $70 a head. For 2 courses $60. Not including drinks. This is great value for the food you get and I cant wait to go back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, How gorgeous is that restaurant. I have been there myself and fell in love with the place. Especially the food!

Anonymous said...

luv ur photos, luv the restaurant, you look great girl

Alegra Chetti said...

ur cabby looks amazing on u! i saw a girl the other day in sweats carrying it, which was not a good look. u, however, look perfect!
ur food looks so delicious too!