Friday, May 16, 2008

I've been back from Sydney for a little while now. Had a really fun time, but Im glad to be home. For me personally, Melbourne is way better. Better shopping, restaurants, fashion, bars. Everything. And most Melbournians say this, so maybe we are biased but Im very proud to live in Melbourne.
Thank god it only takes an hour and 20mins to get there, because I am so terrified of flying. Any little bump of turbulence and I grip the seat, my palms going all sweaty and I picture in my mind the plane doing a nose dive, engines stopped, heading straight for the bottom of the ocean. LOL

The first thing to greet us in Sydney!



Right next door to our hotel was Cupcakes On Pitt Street. What a let down, all looks and NO flavour. Do not recommend this place.

In front of the Sydney Opera House. About to go to my sisters show, wearing one of her designs.

With my sister and Mum backstage at Rosemount Australia Fashion Week 2008

And look who I spotted front row at my sisters show - Bryan boy himself! To my reader Pepe, thanks for letting me know he was there! He is a real sweetheart, and had a gorgeous metalic Fendi Spy.

Relaxing after the show.

Getting ready to go to the Afterparty. Look at the mess behind me. This is not my room!! The party was shit, I hated it. Alot of wannabe losers that thought they were too good to even look at anyone. Please.This is by far the best place in Sydney. We stumbled upon this place while waiting for a table for dinner. It was across from where we were going to eat, so we went in for a pre dinner drink. Its called Bed - and the owner told us its only been open for a week. Its like the place in NY thats featured on Sex and the City. The couches are like beds, you take off your shoes and cosy up around the tables. You can see in the picture, the even provide little slots under the couch where you can place your shoes inside.

We absolutly loved it and if we had known about it earlier on in our trip, we would have gone again. Someone needs to bring this to Melbourne, I would be there every week. Oh and the food menu, being modern italian, sounded to die for. The decor was superb too and they had low playing jazzy music in the background. Wonderful! My outfit for bed. S&B jeans, new shirt from some random shop on Oxford St, bargain at $75.

In 'bed'.Went to Pizza Mario, from recommendations of people who lived in Sydney. If this is the best they got then its a poor effort. While it looks good, the dough was rather thick and chewy. Not enough flavour with herbs and such. Not enough vegetarian options, only 2 vegie pizzas. All in all, I can name off the top of my head atleast 5 pizza places in Melbourne that kick the arse off this place.

I Carusi, Woodstock, Ladro, Mr Wolf, Pizza e Bira .. I can go on...

So yeah, that was pretty much Sydney. Next event is my birthday - May 30th and I turn 27. eeks. Still feel like Im 22. I hate having my birthday in the middle of winter, no one can be stuffed going out. I dont want to go to a bar, probably just go out for dinner, thats what i like best and its my birthday so I can do what I want to.

xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say... I like your hair like this the best.

Luke (from TPF)

P.S Can you do some more boys fashion too... I enjoy stealing ideas from your boyfriend.