Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Years week was going to be hot and dry weather. So NY Day, we drove down to the beach house. In the house with us was Pats parents and also his sister with her family. Its good because the house is big for a beach house.

The first day, Pats dad does a BBQ. He is famous for his BBQs because he buys enough meat to fill a football stadium. LOL. Now I dont eat any meat except for some chicken, and I eat fish like tuna in the can, white fillets of fish, grilled prawns. Nothing too fishy. Im starting to get turned off chicken. I have stopped ordering it at restaurants, and only eat it when I cook it at home so I know its freerange. Trying to find freerange organic near me, but its almost non existent. So these pictures are for you meat lovers:



If your wondering why I dont eat meat anymore. Number 1 is the taste. I just dont like it. A secret - a few weeks ago with Pat I tried a pork dimsim from the fish and chip shop. One bite and I spat it out..I hated the taste, it was disgusting. I used to eat meat all the time, but stopped about 6 years ago, and now Im just not accustomed to the taste anymore.

Also dont like the fact that if I went to an abboitare (sp) and saw the whole process of animals getting slaughtered and then cut into pieces, I would be sick to the stomach. So ignorance is bliss and people choose not to think of this and just eat the meat as is on the plate, not thinking of where it has come from. Also the fact that the animal, unless free range, has had a terrible life stuck in a tiny pen. How awful.

Anyway, enough of that and back to our short break!! When we are at the beach, unless its really hot, we rarely actually go to the beach, its more a 'foodie' trip. We eat and eat. The next day we went to La Baracca, not for pizzas but the restaurant. We had lots of good wine, my favourite Moscato is from here.


The antipastos - proscuitto,marscopone and rocket flat breads, red onion and 4cheese pizza, rosemary grissini sticks with red pesto pate and olives.



Pats entree - Beef carpaccio with fennel and orange saladMy entree - Fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil salad. (Caprese salad)


Pats main - Ricotta and herb gnocchi with duck ragu

My main - Penne with tomato, mozzarella and basil - same combo as my entree.

haha , the dessert we shared. Took the pic too late. But it was Summer berry pudding!

Outside seating, with views of the grapevines.

Other random shots from our short break:


The wooden man!


I practically live on icecream in summer, and here I am trying to eat it while making sure none spills on my new LV bag!

Pat and his bloody Guitar Hero!!!

Pale skinned me on the beach!!


The end. xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love your blog! Its so cute!