Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas is approaching!

I love this time of the year. Christmas for me means a time for giving, a time for spending quality time with family. I love getting together with the family and stuffing ourselves on food and drink to be merry! Its so corny but its true. I especially love giving presents to others, I try and pick out something that they will truly like, something this is in their interests and they can enjoy. Giving gifts to my nephew and young cousins is a joy too, because it reminds me of when I was that age and you were just so excited to get all these great new things! I wish I could truly believe in Santa Clause again!

A few weeks ago I was watching some program on tv and it was about The Smith Family and how they need donated gifts for the children who do not receive anything on Christmas day because of many different circumstances. I really thought about it and it broke my heart, so from this year and every year on I have pledged to collect as many toys as possible from work colleagues, family and friends and get a huge collection then donate them to the Smith Family Charity. I think it can really make a difference. If you are interested, you can do the same, you can purchase toys off their website and it goes directly to their Christmas Collection. Pass on the word!

http://www.thesmithfamily.com.au/index.cfm

You dont need to spend a fortune, what is an extra $20 in the grand scheme of things??!

No comments: